Saturday, April 21, 2012

Work this week has been extremely slow, slower then usual, and after my recent schedule the lack of anything to do was driving me a bit crazy.  I'm not one of those people that can sit around and do nothing day after day.  I have to be productive in some way.

Friday:
Friday night we did a Costco run.  I had run out of my Tazo Chai Tea concentrate earlier in the week and that's like some people running out of coffee, which was another reason we needed to go.  We enjoy Friday night Costco runs since we can graze and it's not as crowded as Saturdays or Sundays are.  Of course it was home to watch the Red Wings game.

Friday Menus:
Lunch:  Taco Salad in a Jar.  I put the Russian Dressing in the bottom which I will rethink the next time.  I may just start packing the dressing separately since this time it just didn't want to combine with everything when I shook it, like it was too thick or I'd packed the lettuce to tight.  On top of the dressing I put lettuce, 1/3 cup fried hamburger, 3 tbsp of cheese, and most of a small bag of Doritos crushed up.
Supper:  Out to Eat.  We were both craving steaks so we went to Texas Roadhouse for supper.


Saturday:
I ran some errands this morning.  I'd hoped to get a pair of my clogs repaired but the cobbler told me they weren't repairable.  The leather was still in really good shape even though they were probably close to 10 years old so I was a bit bummed.  They were a comfortable pair of shoes.  I didn't get to take the dogs to the do-it-yourself dog wash to groom.

I've been needing to purchase office attire for quite a while now.  Today I scored at the Avenue.  They were having a 60% off clearance sale.  I was able to get a pair of black work pants and a sleeveless long black knit shell for just under $28.  I'd love to find a loose gold belt to wear with this outfit.  Pants need to be hemmed but that's an easy fix.

Matt called the shop and the Jeep was finally ready for pickup.  What a nightmare this has been.  Two weeks ago we got a call that they had gotten the engine in but an anti-theft light would come on when it was started and would shut the engine off.  After checking several possibilities it was determined that there was something wrong with the key, $160 for a new key and another $150 for a tech to program it with the computer.  Unbelievable, we now have over $2600 in repairs we've put in this vehicle.  The transmission pan is also leaking and Matt's hoping that he can repair that himself.  His brother, who's a mechanic, is due back within the next two weeks so we'll have him give it a good going over so we know where we are with it. 

The rest of my day has been spent trying to find transcription work to do from home.  I found out about a site that you can do piece work on and have been trying to work my way through the various levels so I can get better paying jobs offered to me.  It's definitely not going to make me rich but it's a start and I can list it as experience.

Saturday Menus:
Lunch:  McDonald's
Supper:  Chicken breast stuffed with wild rice and mushrooms (Costco) and bacon wrapped asparagus.  Aldi's had some beautiful, thin asparagus that I couldn't pass up.

No comments:

Post a Comment