Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Cleaning, job searching, and menues

Saturday and Sunday I spent getting the house back up to standards.  I think I did at least 6 loads of laundry, maybe more.  Saturday morning I decided a spa morning was in order before I started my cleaning routine.  After I got out of the tub I dumped 1 cup of citric acid in the water and mixed it up.  I allowed it to sit until Matt got home from work and would need a shower.  I didn't get to scrub the tub until Sunday afternoon but the tub is once again looking majorly clean and bright.  Matt even asked me what I'd used to clean it.  As Matt would say, "I was a cleaning fool."  Sunday night I took the furkids out for a wander.  They all needed it pretty bad.  I need to get them in shape to walk a parade next month.  A friend is recruiting dogs to walk in the Memorial Day Parade for a local dog grooming and self wash.  It's good to keep the furkids in action with this type of stuff so they still get exposure to lots of people.  The parade is 1.5 miles so it's not that bad as long as it's not insanely hot.  I'd just like to knock a couple (okay quite a few) pounds off Lacey (okay and myself) before we do it.  Tip is nice and svelte but Oreo could knock a few off as well. 

The weekend was also spent sending out resumes and applying for jobs.  Haven't heard anything from any of them unfortunately.  I did find a listing today on Craigslist for a weekend receptionist.  I faxed over my resume, got a call to set up an interview, and interviewed on my way home from work.  I think the position would be great for me.  It's a senior apartment complex, very upscale.  I enjoy working with older people.  I also found a listing for transcription work for a court reporter that I will probably check out as well. 

Detroit and I can probably safely say the entire state of Michigan is in hockey playoff madness.  It's the first round of the playoffs.  So far the Red Wings are down 1-2.  I had never seen a hockey game prior to moving to Michigan but have fallen in love with the sport.  I actually prefer the minor leagues as I think they play with more heart.  Just my opinion.  Matt keeps calling me to come watch since the Wings apparently are playing really well.

Menus for the week:

Sunday:  Broccoli & Cheesy Beer Soup with cheesy biscuits
Monday: Pancakes and sausage
Tuesday:  Wendy's (I was dying for a spicy chicken sandwich for some reason)
Wednesday: Bacon Ranch Chicken with California veggies
Thursday:  Brats & baked beans
Friday: Homemade Mac & Cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment