Monday, November 22, 2010

Fall has been such a busy time and I've neglected this blog horribly. Hopefully I can get back into a posting schedule again. I don't know why it's easier to post on Facebook compared to here, but for some reason it is. So here's an update on what I've been doing:

Completed some crocheted snowflakes to put on the Christmas tree this year. I think I've completed about 10 of them and probably have enough thread to do at least one more. I'm hoping to take some pictures this week and post them. It's a beautiful brilliant white thread with a white metallic sheen to it. I really like it better than the white with gold or silver threads in it.

I'm in a dilemma over what to do with the baby blanket I have been working on for one of my female soldiers who had her baby in July. I waited until the last minute to start it and ended up having to purchase yarn that I wasn't entirely thrilled with because I couldn't find anything in pink that I liked. Now I absolutely hate the feel of this baby afghan and I just can't seem to make myself finish it. I don't know if I should just finish it and give it to her anyway, start another one with better yarn, or just purchase her something. As I said its a dilemma.

With fall weather came the desire to start knitting a pair of wool socks and so I'm using the last skein of merino wool yarn I bought last year to make a pair. I think I bought the yarn because I liked the color name - they named an entire group of yarns after characters from Harry Potter and this one is called Nymphadora Tonks. I'm really like the color a lot better now I have the skein balled and about 6 inches of the cuff knitted. I'll try to post pictures of this also.

I recently started reading everything on Mary Jane's Farm web page and for my birthday present to myself purchased a membership into the Sisterhood program. I'm really looking forward to it. I'd picked up Mary Jane's magazine eons ago when it was in its infancy and it just did not connect with me enough to subscribe to it. Now it does. I've also started looking into finding a local chapter in my area to be able to meet other like minded women and to learn new skills. Maybe its resonating with me now because I have a man that appreciates and encourages my skills in these areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment