Monday, November 29, 2010

SOCK KNITTING


As it gets cold my thoughts turn to keeping my feet warm, which means I start thinking about knitting socks. I finally took the plunge last year and tried knitting a pair of socks, which turned into 3 pairs of socks before the winter was over. The second pair I knitted was my Christmas gift to Matt last year and he loves them. I've gotten the hang of it and this pair that I started 2 weeks ago is going a LOT faster then I thought they would. I had actually thought I might have this one done this weekend but as usual fates decreed otherwise. I apologize for the poor quality of the picture but I was using my cellphone. I'm really happy with the colors of the yarn as I bought it primarily due to the fact that I liked the yarn color name; Nymphadora Tonks. As a Harry Potter lover who couldn't love a yarn with that name? The colors are a lot darker then they appeared when I got the skein so I'm very happy. I'm using 2 circular needles, size 3. I prefer this method to using 3 or 4 double pointed needles. I would like to try the Magic Knitting method using a single 30" circular needle that you can knit both socks on at the same time. I'm hoping to attempt the method sometime this winter. I'll keep you updated on that experiment.


No comments:

Post a Comment