Tuesday, August 17, 2010

FRUSTRATING MONDAY

For a Monday, yesterday wasn't unproductive but it just wasn't the way I had planned it. My goal yesterday was to knock out or at least hugely dent the tomatoes. Those never got touched to my utter frustration. Checked the peaches this morning and they HAVE to be processed today.

Playing into my frustration is the fact that Matt's sister has come to visit from Dubai (she works there) and we have no idea what day we will be able to visit with her. This is the only sibling of Matt's I haven't met . Matt told his mother we'll be free today and tomorrow to visit. To add to the issue she has apparently brought home a friend who is Muslim and is observing Ramadan so we may have to make changes in our eating time to accommodate him. Fortunately we tend to eat later anyway so hopefully this won't be too much of an issue. At this point it is still unclear if we'll be eating out or if Matt and I will be hosting the meal. I am also not sure what dietary restrictions this person may have either. Makes it difficult to plan and I am a planner, which I know is what is throwing me off my stride.

Its one of those weeks with way too many balls being juggled for comfort. I did manage to get some cleaning in yesterday. Since I couldn't get into the kitchen because Matt was unloading and reloading the dishwasher, I cleaned.

Monday:
Chores: Cleaned bedroom. Swept and mopped bedroom and hallway. Completed 2 loads of laundry.
Menu:
Lunch: Subway 6" turkey.
Dinner: Matt made a grilled chicken salad with chicken left over from yesterday's grilled BBQ chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment