Thursday, July 8, 2010

KROGER SHOPPING AND COUPONS

This morning I grabbed my coupon organizer and all the loose coupons that I have been needing to sort and brought them into work with me. I also decided to try a 4 week trial subscription to The Grocery Game to see if it is worth the expense and if it would help me get better deals. I'll let you know what I think at the end of the trial. Got my coupon organizer straightened up and the coupons sorted this morning and then pulled the lists from The Grocery Game website for my local stores. I also went to the Kroger webpage and loaded digital coupons to my card. Ran down to Kroger at lunch and did a fine job playing the game if I may say so myself. Between sales and coupons I saved $24.94 and paid only $46.85 for $71.79 of groceries. Not bad if I may say so myself. About $4 of that amount was my lunch too. Its definately not the best I've ever done but its pretty good.

I bought 2 deli chicken sandwiches ($1.99/ea) and had Kroger online only coupons (digital) for $1.00 off each sandwich. I only ate one of the sandiwiches, so I'll save the other one for tomorrow's lunch. Still 99c for a chicken sandwhich isn't bad.

Another good buy was A&W Root Beer 2 liter - on sale for $1.00, digital coupon for 60c = 40c.

They had Starkist Tuna pouches (regularly $1.79 ea) on sale for $1 and I had coupons for $1/2 pouches & B2G1 free so I picked up 5 pouches for $3 = 60c each.

Twizzlers (17.6oz) were on sale for $1.49 (regularly $2.19) - $1/3 coupon = $1.15 each

No comments:

Post a Comment