Thursday, July 8, 2010

EVENINGS OUT

Last night we had a pretty good family time. We went out to Angelo's Avenue on Van Dyke & 15 Mile Rd. I tried their pan fried perch with red skin potatoes - yummm. I also had a bowl of chicken noodle soup for my appetizer (came with the meal) along with a slice of their yummy fresh bread. There were peas on my plate and even though I love peas I don't touch canned grey things. Matt decided to try their Italian combo and he also said it was very good. The boy decided on 2 coney dogs and fries - not adventurous at all is he. Matt and I typically get the polish combo when we get over to this side of town and get the chance to eat here. The polish combo is absolutely delish and sooooooo much food. All the combo plates are actually about 2 to 3 plates of food. I have to agree with the boy that the restaurant is noisy. He seems to have developed an aversion worse than my own for noisy restaurants, which isn't necessarily a bad thing but a rare thing for an 18 year old to complain about. I'm really not sure why this restaurant is so noisy either. He's also started critiquing the food he eats now that he works at a restaurant himself and recently they've been teaching him to cook.

After our meal we went to see Twilight Eclipse, which we've all been waiting impatiently to come out. The boy had to work doubles the whole weekend so we didn't get a chance to go see it. This was my least favorite of the books, but I have to say I liked the movie. In the books, Bella's back and forth emotional roller coasters drove me nuts. I felt like she was playing with both of them and that's something in a female I detest and it actually almost made me quit reading the book. Matt and I also both read "The Short Second Life of Bre Tanner" and would have liked to have seen that incorporated into the movie. For those that aren't as Twilight crazy as we are, "The Short Second Life of Bre Tanner" was written after the original series. Actually she wrote it after the second movie came out and prior to the third one being released. Its a short novella I guess you could call it to give more background on a character that appears in the third book and movie. As for the movie, definitely considered a good movie by all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment