Sunday, August 19, 2012

THRIFTY SHOPPING DAY

Matt and I went out Saturday on a mission to try and find a desk for me to put in the sitting room.  The desk that Matt was using prior to our move broke and was unfixable.  He has been using my desk for the time being since I have a laptop and can type anywhere.  I decided to let him keep the desk and just get a new one since it's a bit small for when I use it for my sewing desk.  As luck would have it we didn't find one but will continue looking.

We did find some good deals though.  At Goodwill I found a pair of Earth Shoe slides that look brand new for $3.  These will replace the Clarks that ripped apart a couple months ago.  We also found a slate tile with a French Chef on it at Salvation Army for 79c that matches our kitchen theme.  Both of us found several books at both stores.  We went to a consignment store and I spotted this adorable lamp as we were getting ready to leave.  After pointing it out to Matt he said I had to buy it.  It's so me I couldn't pass it up.  I can totally visualize this sitting on my desk after I find one.



We also found a couple pieces of furniture at the consignment store that we are interested in.  There's a beautiful antique drop side table that would be great in the living room or sitting room to do puzzles on and Matt found a buffet cabinet that was really nice.  Maybe when we get some money back in the coffers again. 

I don't know if I mentioned before that our upright freezer died.  Apparently the trip was too much for it.  After we plugged it in it got "really" hot.  We tried to unplug it and plug it back in several times but it would get super hot to the point we were afraid it would start a fire.  Today we took it out of the mudroom to get rid of and discovered a scorch mark underneath it so we're really lucky we unplugged it.  As our side-by-side refrigerator has a small freezer we'll be looking to replace the upright soon. 

MENUS:

Thursday:  BBQ chicken, garlic herb roasted garlic and biscuits
Friday:  Out - tried a local truckstop that we'd been told had awesome beer cheddar soup
Saturday:  Maple Bourbon Pork Tenderloin, parmesian noodles and salad

Sunday: 
Brunch:  Leftover
Supper:  Homemade chicken noodle soup

No comments:

Post a Comment