Sunday, June 3, 2012

JOB INTERVIEW UPDATE

When Matt interviewed this week they told him it would be late next week before we heard anything as they were interviewing two more applicants next week for the position.  Apparently he must have really aced the interview because they called him Thursday and offered him a position.  We're moving!!!  We're so excited it's hard to contain.  Last night we took his mother out to our favorite Mexican restaurant to celebrate.  Now the panic of how we're going to pull it together is setting in.

With everything going down I haven't been sleeping well.  I woke up at 3 or so this morning and didn't get back to sleep until Matt got up for work about 6:30'ish.  Ended up sleeping until about 10:30, which totally threw my day off.  I'm giving serious thought to trying the herb Valerian again which helps with sleep.  I did manage to get a couple loads of laundry done.  We did a Costco run and picked up a paper shredder that we've been wanting for several years so we can shred stuff that we have in our file cabinets that doesn't need to be moved with us.  We also picked up flea treatment for the furkids. We typically use Frontline but decided to try Kirkland's brand and see how it works.  It's nearly half the price and double the doses.  I also sliced up the lemongrass soap into bars that I made on Monday.

I took Lacey to the Bubbles and Bark groomer and used their self service option to groom her.  I think I brushed nearly another dog out of her she had so much coat - maybe even a dog and a puppy.  She's always had a really heavy coat and when she sheds it's worse then all the other furkids combined which is why I only took her in since she takes so much longer.  She looks mighty fluffy and soft at the moment.  Oreo and Tip get the treatment tomorrow.  This self serve is a new place I decided to try.  The other place I've been using cost me about $17 each with upgrades to oatmeal soap and adding conditioner.  Bubbles and Bark cost me $11.99 today so a bit of a savings.  We were both getting tired so I need to finish her pedicure on her back paws.

Well it's after 1 in the morning so I should be getting to bed or I'll really mess up my sleep cycle.  Tomorrow's goal is to weed the flower beds and possibly the garden.  If I'm industrious enough I'd like to make another batch of soap.

Supper tonight:  Spaghetti and garlic bread

No comments:

Post a Comment