Monday, May 14, 2012

SPINDLE SPINNING

I posted about the spindle that Matt's sister gifted me with a couple posts back.  Last Tuesday I went to my second spinning class, except this time I used the spindle instead of the wheel.  I found it was surprisingly easy to use.  I also found that I had better control of my drafting with the spindle and therefore was able to get my thread much thinner. 


The one thing they had me do was use my leftover roving from my first spinning lesson with the wheel.  Unfortunately the yarn she sent was compacted as she'd apparently had it a while and it's going to take some work to make it usable.  The brown roving is a dream to work with.  I'm definitely addicted to spinning.  It's so soothing.  I read recently that it's great for lowering blood pressure.  We'll see if I can get off of some of my blood pressure meds!


No comments:

Post a Comment