Saturday, May 5, 2012

SATURDAY AND NOT FEELING WELL

Last night I was excited to be invited to a pinning ceremony for one of the soldiers that I work with.  He has been with our Company since shortly after I started six years ago.  I always wished I could have set him up with one of my daughters, he'd have been the perfect son-in-law.  At times I've felt like a proud mother watching his career.  Several of us left the party and went to a bowling alley.  After we got there and the other women realizing it was karaoke night our bowling plans got sidelined and we spent the night playing pool and darts.  It was a nice being able to hang out with people I work with.  I don't get to do it very often.

Today I started off with the best of intentions in getting the house cleaned so I could spend time tomorrow doing something like reading a book or spend the day knitting.  Unfortunately today was one of those days where I've felt off all day and haven't been able to accomplish what I'd planned in my head.  I ended up taking some meds and taking a nap while they kicked in.  As Matt pointed out when I whined about it, I have accomplished quite a bit:

* 2 loads of laundry washed
* made potato bread in the bread machine using leftover mashed potatoes that would have been tossed
* made hard boiled eggs - had planned to use them for potato salad but we ended up using them for egg salad sandwiches
* crocheted 2 double sided dish scrubbies - netting on one side and cotton on the other
* I did manage to get most of the living room cleaned, just need to do the floor tomorrow

Since Matt had a guys jam session planned last night I knew I'd be on my own for supper.   I took a container of venison barley soup out of the freezer and planned to fix it for myself which I didn't end up making since I went to the pinning.  I used it instead for our lunch today.  I also had a package of naan bread that was going to go bad soon if I didn't use it so I topped it with some leftover pizza cheese and a good quantity of ground Italian herbs (Aldi grinder).  It was a nice variation of grilled cheese.  It was a very tasty lunch.

We had planned to make grilled venison steaks and potato salad for supper.  As you can see my plans aren't working out well but I try to make the most of what we have on hand.  The venison steaks have been put on hold for tomorrow.  Instead we took the eggs I'd prepared and made egg salad sandwiches using the potato bread.  Matt prepared a salad to go with it.  It was an easy supper since neither of us really wanted to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment