Tuesday, December 7, 2010

WHERE IS THE SNOW?

Now that I've got my head wrapped around the fact that it is actually December and we have most of our Christmas decorations up I'm ready for it to snow. It probably helped significantly that I received a call from my oldest son saying he'll be home on Christmas to finally push me over into the willingness to accept that it's December. When I wasn't ready for snow in November, the flurries taunted me with the fact they were coming. Now I get flurries that just tease me but produce nothing. There's nothing more depressing then not having snow for Christmas. It's just one of those mandatory things in life. How can one go dashing through the snow in a one horse open sleigh? Over the river and through the woods to Grandmother's house? Make snowmen? I just can't imagine living someplace that wouldn't have snow for Christmas. I don't know if I could get in the mood without it. I also have an issue with cold, cold temps without snow. Those that know me, know how much I hate being cold but at least if there's snow it mentally tells me it should be cold - like an excuse. Besides, the pups love playing in the snow. There's nothing more amusing then watching Tip run into a snowbank and then throw snow into the air. He looks like he's laughing as he does it, just like a kid. He loves catching snowballs too. Hopefully we'll get some snow soon, but hopefully on the weekend so I can enjoy it and not dread driving in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment