Thursday, September 16, 2010

WEDNESDAY, YUCKY DAYS AND REDBOX

Yesterday once again I started feeling feverish and achey about midafternoon. I had planned to do a large meal with the pork roast but just was not feeling up to a heavy meal or one with that much preparation - zero prep sounded really good. Some of the headachey feeling I was having was probably due to caffine withdrawal so I decided to go to Kroger's and grab some of my caffine of choice, Code Red Mountain Dew.

While there I realized that Kroger's had California Pizza Kitchen frozen pizza on sale for $4.99 so I grabbed a bbq chicken one for Matt and I and a pepperoni one for the son and a container of Kroger's buffalo wings on special for $7.99 along with some Code Red Mountain Dew on sale for 88c. When I checked out I got a coupon with a free Redbox code on it to sweeten the deal. Pizza and a movie sounded like a good way to curl up on the couch and rest. After I got home my son texted me that he was at his girlfriend's house and wouldn't be home for supper so that pizza got put into the freezer. Otherwise, the night was pretty much as relaxing as I had hoped it would be.

I rented Prince of Persia, which I must say was an excellent movie, and worked on the baby blanket that I still haven't gotten done. For those who haven't tried Redbox yet or have never heard of it, it is a great budget friendly way to rent movies without the high costs. Cost is $1 per day for rental. The best way to find a Redbox is to go to their website www.redbox.com and search for one in your area. The Kroger's I go to by work has one that I use frequently but there are ones closer to my home. The great thing is you can rent at one location but return it to another location so it is super convenient. Kroger coupon machines frequently give coupons with free rental codes or you can sign up on their website and occasionally get codes. Free rentals are always extremely friendly to the budget.

Breakfast: Jimmy Dean light breakfast muffin sandwich
Lunch: leftover shepherd's pie, pudding cup
Supper: California Pizza Kitchen BBQ chicken pizza, hot wings

No comments:

Post a Comment