Sunday, June 27, 2010

With the temps soaring here the last thing I want to do is cook most days. On days like these I try to utilize kitchen appliances that do the work for me. For my BBQ chicken I put 4 split chicken breasts with a bunch of freshly chopped thyme, rosemary, sage, and oregano into the crockpot and let it cook on high all afternoon. After about 6 or so hours I took the chicken out and put it on the chopping board to cool. After it cooled but was still warm I pulled the chicken off the bones and then added a bottle of BBQ sauce. Served these on some nice buns with sesame seeds on top along with some fresh salsa and chips.

I also served limeade with this that was extremely tasty. I used a can of frozen limeade and added 4 cans of water (they call for 3 cans). I used part of a leftover lime from my salsa making and slided it up and up that into the pitcher along with a lemon and some fresh cut peppermint stalks. Yummy and refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment