Tuesday, June 29, 2010

MARGhARITA PIZZA

Sunday our use the leftovers in the frig continued. We had a leftover premade pizza crust (generic), 1/2 jar of pizza sauce, a partial log of mozzarella and a ton of basil I'd chopped to cut back the basil plants so Matt suggested margharita pizza. A typical margharita is fresh slice tomatoes instead of pizza sauce for the base but as I'm allergic to the raw version we'll stick with a cooked pizza sauce. Top the pizza sauce with thin slices of fresh mozzarella cheese (or shredded if you don't have fresh), and then sprinkle chopped or whole basil over the cheese. Bake and enjoy. I liked the taste - nice, simple and light. The premade pizza crusts are definitely not a hit with me. I think they taste like cardboard. Next time I'll make some fresh pizza dough to use. To round out this tasty pizza we served a Greek salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment