Saturday, March 17, 2012

MENUES 11-17 MARCH


Things have been a bit nutty and I didn't get any blogging done this week.  Here's my menus we used for the past week.  The picture above was taken in the fall.  Our Mary Jane's Farm local group were privileged to be able to drive some antique tractors.  I apparently did a good job driving initially because he had me drive out on the dirt road instead of just in circles.  The shifting is a bit tricky on these so he did the shifting and we got to drive.

Sunday Brunch:  French Toast & bacon.
I woke up with a migraine so it was a good thing Matt had planned to cook this day.

Monday: Cube steaks, mashed potatoes, gravy, and fried corn.
This was a pure comfort food day since I was dealing with the after effects of the migraine.

Tuesday:  Italian chicken, broccoli and rice pilaf.
I put the chicken and broccoli in a roasting pan and added about 1/3 cup Italian dressing.  Baked at 350' for an hour. 

Wednesday:  Venison steaks, asparagus, and crescent rolls.

Thursday:  Taco Salad.
With the warm weather we've been having I'll be incorporating salads more.

Friday:  Dinner out.  It was my Captain's going away dinner and we were invited.  Hibachi Grill.  I had steak and lobster which was absolutely sublimely delicious.  Matt had the steak and calamari, which was equally delicious.  Neither of us have ever been to a hibachi style restaurant so it was a lot of fun and very entertaining experience.  The Captain gave me a gift card that paid for most of our meal which is why we were able to eat a little better then we would without the gift card.  It was a very nice gift for sure and much appreciated.


Saturday:  Corn beef, cabbage, potatoes, and carrots.  I cooked this in the pressure cooker.

No comments:

Post a Comment