Saturday, March 3, 2012

BEER BRAISED BRATS


Lodge LCC3 Logic Pre-Seasoned Combo Cooker
The other night was an easy meal night thankfully.  My recovery has been very slow and the continued exhaustion irritates me to say the least so easy meal planning is a blessing.  Temps dropped significant through the afternoon into the evening and Matt wasn't too excited about going out and grilling the brats.  I'd seen a recipe a while back braising brats in a crockpot.  It was too late to try using the crockpot so I winged it and decided to try it on the stovetop.

 I used one of my cast iron pans that has a hinged lid on it.  I put a touch of oil and a pat of butter in the pan and the lid.  I then placed the brats in the lid portion to brown and tosssed 1/2 an onion and 1/2 of a green pepper into the pan.  Once the onions and peppers were sauteed I took the brats and added them into the onion/pepper pan, poured about 1/2 can of beer over them, and put the lid on.  I simmered these for 20 minutes, turning about every 10 minutes.  I then took the lid off and simmered for another 10 minutes.  The brats were absolutely delicious!  We will definately be adding this recipe into our repetouire.

Side note:  I placed my bun on top of the lid and toasted it up a bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment