Thursday, March 25, 2010

MOMMY LAMENT

Today is my son's first official lacrosse game and I have to work so I won't be able to see it. Most would consider it no big deal, but I do. See my son has never played lacrosse until last week when he joined the high school team. He's played soccer and roller hockey since he was probably 5, but none of my kids have ever played lacrosse. Having been a stay at home mom and then a work from home mom for most of my kids lives, its very difficult to not share these moments with my children like I use to. I feel robbed of these first moments. The first time he goes on the field. The first time he gets the ball. The first time he scores. Now that he's 18 the chances of seeing or experiencing firsts with him are not going to happen to often and it truly saddens me that I've lost one of them.

1 comment:

  1. For mothers, everything is always a big deal, particularly when it comes to their children. Believe it or not, I always shout for joy even for the tiniest things that my children do. Their accomplishment will always be my accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete