Sunday, March 21, 2010

COOKING WEEKEND

With spring in the air the weekend ended up being the perfect weekend to do some massive cooking. The funny thing was my ds informed me that I was cooking too much food.

Friday Matt and I always have date night. We went to Joe's Crab Shack this week for our date. We've both been in a seafood craving so this was hitting the spot.

Saturday morning I made fresh salsa. I used a recipe off The Pioneer Woman's website and modified it as I mixed it to our tastes. I'll make a couple more changes to kick up the heat the next time. As we've already eaten half of it I'd say its a winner. For lunch I fixed a homemade chicken salad with red grapes and almonds on croissants. Supper was grilled terriyaki salmon and fried potatoes with a delicious moscato wine. We're definitely going to be ordering several more bottles of the wine it was so good. Nice fruity taste. If you don't like white wines you might want to give this one a try. The salmon I picked up Friday after leaving work. I found a 4# family package marked down to just under $15 - the package was initially marked at $25. After I broke the package up it gave us 3 meals so 3 salmon dinners for approximately $5 each meal - that's a pretty sweet deal. At Joe's Crab Shack the salmon dinner was almost $20 a plate so a significant savings.

Sunday night we made pizzas. I got the idea off of The Pioneer Woman's blog earlier this week. She posted about making a caramelized onion and prosciutto pizza that made me crave one. I put the ingredients in the breadmaker to have ready for supper and Matt finished up the pizzas while I did some legal work.

No comments:

Post a Comment