Friday, May 17, 2013

MENUS

So far this week I've spent just over $50 and $25 of that was for clothes I needed to work at Walmart's - so $25 in grocery items.  Matt did go out today and buy the groceries for Wednesday since his brother is arriving for a two day visit.  I'm not sure how much he spent but I'd say probably around $12 although the potatoes can be used for several other meals.  I'd be at approximately $45 with what he bought for the week - at least I'm getting it back within my $50/wk goal. I've been using items in the freezer and pantry along with a few purchases to stretch what we had on hand.  I had hoped to pick up some marked down meat Friday when I went to the store but they didn't have anything I felt was a big enough deal.  I did learn not to shop on Fridays for meat if I want mark down deals.

Friday: Homemade pizza with prosciutto, caramelized onions and mozzarella slices
Saturday:  Buffalo chicken sandwiches and steak fries
Sunday:  Pork Roast with carrots and potatoes
Monday:  MYO Manwiches and steak fries
Tuesday:  Chicken leg quarters, wild rice, and green beans
Wednesday: Pork Chops, asparagus wrapped with bacon and mashed potatoes (Matt's purchase)
Thursday: Out To Eat (Matt's treat with his Brother)

This recipe is so easy and quick to make.  Obviously if you don't like Worcestershire sauce don't use it. Use whatever type of mustard you have on hand if you don't have spicy brown, regular yellow works fine.

MYO Manwiches

1 pound hamburger
1 small green pepper
1 small onion
1 tsp garlic, chopped
Fry all together until hamburger is done

Add:
1/2 - 1 cup ketchup
1 tsp of spicy brown mustard
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
salt & pepper
Simmer until warmed through and serve on buns.

We don't have a Wendy's here and I've been missing my Spicy Chicken Sandwich so I decided to try making my own.  These were super easy and will definitely be reappearing on the menus.

Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches

Chicken Breast for each person
small onion, sliced
Bottle of buffalo sauce/marinade or make your own with Frank's Hot Sauce and butter (I think the recipe is on the bottle) - I had a bottle of Buffalo Sauce & Marinade that I hadn't used.
Bleu Cheese or Ranch dressing - I used the leftover bleu cheese dressing from my homemade wings experiment last week.

Turn oven to 350'.  Tear off foil pieces to wrap breasts in.  Put a chicken breast on each piece of foil, add buffalo sauce, flip chicken, and add more buffalo sauce to other side.  Divide onion between breasts.  Fold up foil to form packets.  Put packets on a cookie sheet or other pan so if sauce leaks out it won't drip in oven.  Bake for 45-60 minutes depending on thickness of breasts.  Serve on buns.  Can serve with Ranch or Bleu Cheese dressing, lettuce, tomato, Monterrey jack cheese, or jalapeno slices if desired.  This would be good sliced up and served on a salad also.

No comments:

Post a Comment