Monday, January 18, 2010

Life is a Funny Thing

Life seems to constantly get in the way or to explode so that I don't have time to get those things done which I want to do. Migraines, my daughter moving into her first place and getting engaged, allergic reactions, and crazy work schedules. On top of it this past weekend my man proposed so we've been having to make the rounds announcing our engagement. In the end, nothing got done.

One of my goals this year is to get a cleaning schedule put into place. To facilite this I've been re-reading Sink Reflections by Marla Cilley - The Flylady. I'm not a diehard flyperson but I think the book and her sites if you have time to follow them can help. I've decided to use my Google Calendar to help me get things organized. I have made separate calendars (ie menues, medical, cleaning, etc). I've started making some basic schedules with these calendars to try and get things rolling. I'll see how Google works.

I've made a medical calendar to keep track of my blood pressure readings as we're having problems getting it stabilized and they just had to change the medications again after I had an allergic reaction to the ace-inhibitor in on eof the meds last week. I have to send my readings to my doctor about every 2 weeks for him to look over for adjustments. This way I can print out a calendar that just has my bp readings on it. I also have input info on days I have migraines or other issues that might affect my bp or that I might want to discuss with him.

I've also made a cleaning calendar that I've started making basic daily and weekly routines in. Since I get home after 7:30 pm, it can be difficult to clean an entire room so I'm trying out working 10 minutes in each room to try to keep on top of things through the week.

Today the man is home sick with strep. I've been fighting the bug all weekend and thankfully haven't gotten as sick as he is. I was supposed to have oral surgery this morning but the office postponed it. Since the bug seems to be going around I decided to make the best cure - a pot of homemade chicken noodle soup and some beer batter bread, which I used a bottle of hard cider instead of beer since we didn't have any in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment